Does your Pallet Racking meet the current AS4084-2012 standards?
We can help…
Racking Inspections and Audits ensure the correct appliation and use of equipment in your warehouse/ workshop. Our Racking Inspections include a site visit by our experienced Racking and Shelving Inspectors where they will visually inspect your racking area and provide qualified feedback.
Your Inspection Report will highlight damage, potential risks and hazards. These are compiled into a detailed report and action plan to bring your site up to the Australian Standard. Remember to make sure your racking is being installed by a licensed installer.
Do you require an inspection?
According to the Australian Standard of the Operation and Maintenance of Adjustable Pallet Racking Section 8.2; Inspections shall be carried out on a regular basis and at least once every twelve months. The purpose for the inspection is to evaluate the condition of your racking integrity and identify any damaged components that need replacing.
WHAT OUR INSPECTORS ARE LOOKING FOR
- ensure the correct application and use of equipment;
- ensure that the working load limits are adhered to;
- ensure that the racking installation has not been altered. A copy of the load application and configuration drawings shall be retained for this purpose;
- examine the extent of damage due to impact in the racking installation;
- examine the out-of-plumb of the racking;
- examine for any dislocation and deformation of sections and connections for uprights and beams;
- examine connectors for deformation or signs of cracking of the welds; and
- examine base plates and floor anchors.
Pallet Racking usually sits in a busy and potentially dangerous environment where accidents can happen. When a component of your racking is damaged it will weaken the structure and that may compromise the integrity of the racking, placing people and goods at risk.
KEEP A RECORD OF THE RACKING DESIGN
In accordance with the Australian Standard for Steel Storage Racking, detailed drawings showing the layout of the run, capacity per pallet space 7 overall bay load must be provided with all new installations.
The racking supplier must be notified if any changes are made and drawings therefore need to be reproduced.